The “Balcony Garden” Design Competition
A unique opportunity to enter a design competition which will feature at the LANDSCAPE show in Battersea Park.
The LANDSCAPE Show is running a competition to design a ‘balcony garden’. The winning entry will be displayed at the show providing the winner with fantastic exposure to industry professionals.
The LANDSCAPE Show is a truly international event and attracts gardens designers, architects, landscape contractors, local authorities, landscaping professionals, facilities managers and interior designers from all over the UK and beyond. The show features contemporary, cutting edge technologies and methods and is supported by a comprehensive FREE CPD accredited Seminar Programme featuring some of the most inspirational names in the industry.
The competition is open to all, with two distinctive categories:
- Students / designers with no commercial experience
- Verified professional designers
The winner from each category will receive:
- A £1,000 cash prize.
- Media coverage before and after in the LANDSCAPE online magazines as well as in related trade media including features online and in social media.
- The possibility of having the winning design showcased at the LANDSCAPE Show.
The brief is to create a balcony garden for a footprint measuring no more than 3m x 1.5m.
The finished design should fit comfortably within a typical balustraded balcony area typical of a private residence.
The total build should be achievable within a hypothetical £20,000 budget
When submitting your entry please specify which category you wish to be entered in (Professional / Non professional) and complete your submission with no more than 2 x A3 pages which include:
- A plan of the structure.
- One or two elevations.
- A description of materials that you will use.
Hard copy entries should be sent to:
P O Box 3049
London SW1V 3XG.
To arrive no later than Friday July 21st 2017.
If you have any questions please email Jeremy at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) The 3m x 1.5m limit is for the internal dimensions of the footprint of the base of the balcony. It could of course extend outside of this limit as the structure perhaps gets larger as it gets taller above the height of the balustrade itself.
2) There is 2m height restriction
3) It must be able to sit within the confines of a typical purpose built balcony.
4) The budget includes all materials, professional fees and VAT
5) For budgeting purposes you can use any one to help build the structure. (i.e. Volunteer labour)
6) The balcony is in a private residential development.
7) It can be in direct sun or shade / partial shade / complete darkness – you choose!
8) There are balconies above and below it with normal proportions between them.
9) The balcony itself can be made of steel, wood, brick, glass etc. – you choose!
10) The build height of 2m is the maximum extent of any structure you might want to create.
11) The possibility of any designs being built at any future event would be at the Organisers/Sponsors expense.
12) No ‘submission’ forms are required, simply send it in the post.